Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A is for...

Photobucket
Asparagus...One of my favorite vegetables that we can't afford on a normal basis. The picture above is a normal bunch of Asparagus that you would see at the grocery store. For that little bit of veggies is a TON of money. We can't afford to buy it! Luckily for us, my in-laws have 13 acres of land and grow every vegetable and fruit you can imagine! My MIL, Lek, brings us Walmart grocery store bags FULL of Asparagus. So much Asparagus that you would ask yourself, how is one person going to eat all this. (I am the only one in our house that eats it!) Same thing with tomatoes when it is that time. I like the "feathered" part of the Asparagus the best so I just cut in half what she brings us and only eat the part I like, and because there is so much, I can do that!
This is one of those GIGANTIC mixing bowls full of Asparagus cut and ready to be eaten!
Photobucket


The Michigan Asparagus Advisory Board at www.asparagus.org considers asparagus to be one of the most nutritionally well-balanced vegetables, supplying significant nutrients and fiber for a healthy diet...and it tastes good too!

1 comment:

  1. I love aparagus!

    My inlaws have a large garden & bring bags of it to us too!

    I'll have to get MIL recipe for asparagus soup...it's TDF!

    ReplyDelete