Friday, May 22, 2009

It's what you didn't do...

We were leaving Pre-K graduation today and heading on over to Old Chicago for lunch when I see this behind me in my mirror.
Photobucket
Just Great! Just what I need.

Officer gets to my car and I open my door.

Me: Sorry, my window doesn't open.
Him: That's okay.
Me: What did I do?
Him: It's not what you did, it's what you didn't do.
Me: What didn't I do?
Him: Seat belt.
Me: I had my seat belt on.
Him: He doesn't. (Pointing to my dh in the passenger seat).
Side Note: ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME, YOU HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO THEN SEARCH OUT PEOPLE WHO'S PASSENGERS DON'T HAVE ON A SEATBELT? GHEEZ THE CITY MUST BE HURTING FOR MONEY OR SOMETHING.
Him: Do you have your license and insurance.
Me: hand it over to him.
Him: Do you have ID Sir?
Me: Hand it over to him.
He leaves and comes back with the ticket.
Him: Sir, here is your citation for not wearing your seat belt. You don't have to go to court. It's $25 and won't affect your license.
Rich: (Sarcastically) Slow Day?
Him: It's just what we are out doing.

So, as I pull up to leave he is still behind me. We are at a light. All of a sudden he is gone. I'm like where did he go, he was just there. He JUMPED the median flipped on his lights and was stopping someone else before I was even 3 feet away.

What a joke!

No comments:

Post a Comment