Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Not such a good day.

Had my review at work today. I actually got my raise months ago but they are just getting around to the actual reviews. In a nutshell, I do my job great. I know what I am doing and I do it. They love having me around. Then she says she wants to discuss something that isn't on the actual review paper. Uh Okay...Apparently I don't look good enough. My appearance. My Hair. Not enough make up. She's not sure if it's because I am having my gallbladder out next week and I've been feeling sick or what. Now, I KNOW I am not beautiful, but I do attempt to do my hair and make up EVERYDAY. I guess I don't do either very good and look sick. Great. Thanks. I can't help it if I am not a nice olive complexion with flowing hair! I will give her some credit. She did say it's improved a little bit. Swell. So I am only look half as bad as normal.

My husband is livid. He can't believe someone would say such a thing. Isn't it illegal to base a review on what someone looks like. Who's standard is it. They actually wrote that down? That's a lawsuit...
It wasn't written down. It was "off the record".

Just one more thing to be depressed about. 

So, now I guess I need new hair, make up and clothes. Not sure where to come up with money for those when I am having surgery next week that I have to pay for and private school for Natalie to pay for, and a credit card to pay off.

1 comment:

  1. :(

    I don't have the right words to say. I know if I heard that I would be so hurt, and so depressed. I wish I were there to give you a big hug. And a margarita. ;)

    ReplyDelete