Saturday, April 25, 2009

4/25/09

Well it has been one heck of a week. I woke up on Monday sooooooo sick. I felt like I got run over by a bus, hardly had a voice, and my throat was ON FIRE. I had to be at work at 10:30 on Monday morning. It is very hard to call out of work because they make you call a bunch of people to get to cover for you. I didn't want to through that. I got myself ready for work and dragged myself in at 10:00. It was my plan to have THEM call around to find someone to cover me or hope that they didn't tell any of the on-call people no. My idea worked! My manager found someone to cover me and I got to go home before even clocking in! I came home and layed around for most of the day. I wasn't able to stay on plan. Some might say that I even went on a little binge. Here's what I ate throughout the day on Monday: 2 cans of chicken noodle soup, salami and turkey lunchmeat, a pickle, 3 cough drops, chocolate peanut butter granola bar, 2 cups of herbal tea, ice cream, doritos, and a mini twix. Shameful, I know! I stayed on plan for the rest of the week though! So yes, I fell off the wagon for one day, but I hopped right back on and plowed forward.

I went to bed hoping to feel better in the morning. I felt much better but I still didn't have a voice. I went to work and worked for 2 hours before they sent me home.

So here we are, 6 days later and I still barely have a voice. I did go to the Dr. and got antibiotics and cough medicine since I have a horrid cough.

1 comment:

  1. I will be waiting! I just started up a similar blog to hopefully help hold me more accountable.

    ReplyDelete